product description page
Statistics for Social Sciences (Paperback) (T. Rajaretnam)
about this item
A comprehensive guide to the practical applications of statistics in social sciences
This book brings out the relevance of statistical tools and methods in social sciences. Describing the various statistical techniques, it highlights their purpose and application along with a brief overview on how to interpret results and draw inferences.
Topical and up-to-date, it examines:
· different types of statistical variables and their treatment
· tabulation and graphical presentation of data
· theoretical distributions and common parametric and non-parametric tests including analysis of variance and correlation ratio
· linear regression including checking for violation of assumptions, variables transformations and predictions
· inequality measures such as Lorenz curve, Gini coefficient, dissimilarity index and human development index, among others.
It will be indespensible for students and scholars of statistics, econometrics, psychology and anyone interested in the application of statistics in social sciences.