product description page
Stem Lesson Guideposts : Creating STEM Lessons for Your Curriculum (Paperback) (Jo Anne Vasquez &
About this item
Guidance for creating meaningful STEM lessons
STEM Lesson Guideposts presents a clear and actionable approach for teachers and leaders to follow in developing meaningful STEM lessons and units. This companion to the bestselling STEM Lesson Essentials is a practical guide for helping you on your journey of creating integrated, interdisciplinary STEM units.
Where do I begin with STEM?
Educators often ask, "Where do I begin?" when thinking about STEM learning. Inspired by this question, Jo Anne Vasquez, Michael Comer, and Joel Villegas developed the W.H.E.R.E. planning model-five interrelated guideposts that provide structure and guidance for conceiving, creating, and organizing STEM experiences. These key focus areas include:
- What and Why: What needs to be learned and why?
- How: How do I plan to meet this goal?
- Evidence and Evaluate: What evidence of learning will be used and how will I evaluate the final product?
- Rigor and Relevance: How will I provide opportunities that will lead to increased rigor and relevance?
- Excite, Engage, Explore: What activities will excite my students and engage them in the STEM practices?