About this item
Learn and practice medical coding anytime, anywhere with Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding! Reinforcing concepts from Carol J. Buck's Step-by-Step text, this dynamic online coding course offers convenient self-study and assessment, including the latest coverage of reimbursement, ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding. Interactive lessons make learning easier with animations, figures, case-based exercises, narrated slide shows, pop-up definitions, and professional insights. It's the engaging review and hands-on practice you need to help build real-world coding skills.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Interactive review exercises in each chapter include case-based coding activities, matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and true/false questions.
- Over 125 illustrations - help you understand the types of medical conditions and procedures being coded, along with examples taken directly from Elsevier's professional ICD-10 and HCPCS manuals.
- Automatically scored exams measure your progress and report directly to your instructor.
- UNIQUE!Real-world coding reports (cleared of all confidential information) simulate the reports you will encounter as a coder and help you apply coding principles to actual cases.
- Hyperlinks connect you to related websites and other Elsevier resources for enhanced learning.
- Definitions for 650 terms may be accessed with a single click, through links to the glossary.
- From the Trenches boxes offer valuable tips and helpful advice for working in today's medical coding field.
- NEW! Updated content includes the latest coding information available to reinforce accurate coding and success on the job.
- NEW! Additional animations to improve your understanding of important coding concepts.