About this item
[Stigum & Crescenzi: Stigum's Money Market, 4E, 0-07-144845-4, Back Cover Copy]
The Most Widely Read Work on the Subject _ Completely Updated to Cover the Latest Developments and Advances In Today's Money Market!
First published in 1978, Stigum's Money Market was hailed as a landmark work by leaders of the financial, business, and investment communities. This classic reference has now been revised, updated, and expanded to help a new generation of Wall Street money managers and institutional investors.
The Fourth Edition of Stigum's Money Market delivers an all-encompassing, cohesive view of the vast and complex money market...offers careful analyses of the growth and changes the market has undergone in recent years...and presents detailed answers to the full range of money market questions.
Filled with new illustrations and calculations, Stigum's Money Market equips readers with:
- A complete overview of the large and ever-expanding money market arena
- Quick-access to every key aspect of the fixed-income market
- A thorough updating of information on the banking system
- Incisive accounts of money market fundamentals and all the key players
- In-depth coverage of the markets themselves, including federal funds, government securities, financial futures, Treasury bond and note futures, options, euros, interest rate swaps, CDs, commercial paper, and more
- Expert discussions of the Federal Reserve, the Internet and electronic trading, and the new roles of commercial banks and federal agencies
- Money Market Fundamentals_explaining funds flows, banks, and money creation; the instruments in brief; discount and interest-bearing securities; and duration and convexity
- The Major Players_examining domestic and European bank operations; the Treasury and federal agencies; the Fed; dealers; and investors
- The Markets_exploring the Federal funds market; the repo and reverse markets; government and federal agency securities; financial futures; Treasury bond and note futures; options in the fixed-income world; euros; interest rate swaps; certificates of deposit; bankers' acceptance; commercial paper; bank sales of loan participations; medium-term notes; money market funds; and municipal notes
The Fourth Edition of Stigum's Money Market has been completely revised and expanded to arm money managers and institutional investors with the tools and techniques they need to succeed in the lucrative money market arena and in other segments of the bond market.
Readers will find an unmatched account of today's banking system, together with timely information on the role of the Fed...the Internet and electronic trading... the new roles of commercial banks and federal agencies ...and much more.
This all-new Stigum's Money Market features in-depth coverage of:
This updated classic also includes hundreds of helpful new illustrations and calculations, together with an improved format that gives readers quick access to every major topic relating to the fixed-income market.
Still the most authoritative and comprehensive reference in the field, Stigum's Money Market, Fourth Edition, continues its great tradition of offering financial professionals the background and analytical skills required to take advantage of the investment potential inherent in the money market.
About the Authors
Marcia Stigum (deceased) was a well-respected authority on the domestic and international money market and the Eurocurrency market, as well as the author of many other best-selling reference books, including Money Market Calculations, Money Market Bond Calculations, and After the Trade.
Anthony Crescenzi is chief bond market strategist at Miller Tabak & Co. and an adjunct professor in Baruch College's Executive MBA program. His work on the economy and markets is widely followed on Wall Street and has reached as far as the White House. Mr. Crescenzi makes regular appearances on financial television stations such as CNBC and Bloomberg, and is frequently quoted in the news media. Mr. Crescenzi's first book, The Strategic Bond Investor, was published in 2002.