product description page
Strange Science (Paperback)
About this item
This amazing volume from the Bathroom Readers' Institute contains the strangest short science articles from dozens of Bathroom Readers—along with 50 all-new pages. From the oddest theories to the most astounding discoveries to the biggest blunders, Strange Science has all the facts your professors didn't teach you, but should have. It's packed with earth-shattering eurekas, outlandish inventions, silly "scientific" studies, and the stories behind the weirdos who made it all happen. Put on your lab coat and get ready to discover...
- The freakiest franken-foods scientists have created
- Bad movie science: when Hollywood gets it wrong
- One dentist's quest to clone John Lennon
- Unbelievable inventions, such as the Bird Trap and Cat Feeder...for people who really hate birds
- How scientists have solved some of history's most stupefying mysteries
- Schrodinger simplified: What's up with the cat in the box?
- Real-life time travelers (or so they claim)
- Everyday products made with radium...until people started dying
- How to hypnotize a chicken
- The seven-year-long study that found earthquakes are not caused by catfish waving their tails...and other breakthrough findings
And much, much more!