product description page
Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility : Sustainable Value Creation (Paperback) (David Chandler)
about this item
Blending theory with practical application, Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility, Fourth Edition is a comprehensive CSR text with a strong emphasis on strategy . Balancing theory and practical applications, the text is divided into two parts. The first half of the text provides an overview of the field, stakeholders perspective, CSR as a strategic filter, and how to implement CSR effectively. The second half of the book uses more than 20 cases to illustrate the organizational, economic, and societal issues surrounding CSR. The engaging cases capture contentious debates across the spectrum of CSR topics that culminate with a series of questions designed to stimulate further investigation and debate.
- Part I contains five chapters that present a comprehensive overview of CSR, while also introducing new definitions and models to detail the innovative concept of strategic CSR.
- Part II presents 21 in-depth and topical CSR issues and cases that capture the breadth and depth of this dynamic subject.
- Each issue and case study in Part II provides numerous tools to facilitate discussion around CSR, such as Online Resources for Further Investigation, a Pro/Con Debate designed to capture the heart of the issue, and Questions for Discussion and Review.
- An international perspective, supported by multiple examples, emphasizes the multi-cultural challenges of CSR and conducting business in a global context.
- The Strategic CSR Newsletter, a freely available resource generated by the authors as a dynamic complement to this text, offers updates and topical commentary on the range of issues encompassing Strategic CSR. http://strategiccsr-sage.blogspot.com/
Number of Pages: 448
Genre: Business + Money Management
Sub-Genre: Development / Sustainable Development
Publisher: Sage Pubns
Author: David Chandler
Street Date: June 30, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-18-5416