product description page
Succeeding With Senior Management : Getting the Right Support at the Right Time for Your Project
about this item
Senior managers speak the language of strategy. Project managers use the language of tasks and activities. While they rely on each other to achieve their goals, this core incompatibly can lead to communication breakdowns and project setbacks.
Succeeding with Senior Management explains how to bridge the gap and engage the upper ranks. By establishing relationships early on, understanding executives, and keeping them involved, project managers win the support they need—especially critical when problems arise. This one-of-a-kind communications guide explains how to:
- Navigate the company’s political waters
- Link the project to the business
- Develop a case for change with an executive sponsor
- Use the right listening style
- Provide options and recommendations for major decisions
- Involve the sponsor in resolving cross-functional problems
- And more
Many executives will set a project in motion and then move on. Learn how to keep them involved, motivated to push obstacles aside, and focused on a successful conclusion. Your career prospects depend on it.