product description page
Summit, Level 1 : English for Today's World (Paperback) (Joan Saslow & Allen Ascher)
About this item
With its fresh new look, the third edition of the Summit program helps develop confident English speakers who are able to navigate a host of social and professional situations.
This two-level course provides high-intermediate learners with an integrated set of global communication skills. It delivers immediate, demonstrable results through its goal- and achievement-based pedagogy and continual recycling of language.
The two levels of Summit can be used with Top Notch as the fifth and sixth books in a complete six-level series. Summit 1 covers competencies from B2 to B2+ and Summit 2 introduces C1 competencies in the Common European Framework of Reference.
The entire Summit course can be tailored to blended learning with its integrated online component, MyEnglishLab (access code available separately; not included in the Student Book).
- New Conversation Activator videos build communicative competence.
- New Discussion Activator videos increase range and depth of expression.
- Test-taking Skills Booster and extra challenge exercises help students succeed on the reading and listening sections of standardized tests.
- Greatly increased grammar, reading, listening, and writing practice plus digital grammar exercises give students the additional practice opportunities they’ve requested.
- Memorable models build natural, social language and conversation strategies.
- 50+ listening tasks at each level develop critical thinking and crucial listening comprehension skills, such as listening for details, confirmation of content, inference, and understanding meaning.
- ActiveTeach includes a digital Student Book for whiteboards with lesson plans, assessment tools and access to audio, video, and exercises to make learning more focused and interactive.
- Fluency-building planning activities such as idea framing help students express themselves with confidence.
- More ready-to-use teacher resources (including a broad range of print and digital components) than other courses make Summit easy to use for busy teachers.