About this item
- Includes one Sweet Olive in a 2.25 gallon pot and a detailed planting guide.
- Best grown in USDA hardiness zones 9-11, but will perform well in colder zones with proper winter protection.
- Mature size is 10' to 15' tall and wide.
- Intense fragrance perfumes the gardens for months.
- Low-maintenance shrub performs well in most soil types.
- Performs best in full sun to part shade.
Once you've experienced the intoxicating fragrance of a Sweet Olive, you will never want to be without this incredible plant. Its flowers may be small in size, but they are big on fragrance! The clusters of petite white flowers open in spring, emitting an unforgettable apricot-like aroma and reblooming sporadically through summer and fall. Sweet Olive can be grown as a shrub or trained to grow as a small tree or espalier (grown flat against a support or wall), and should be overwintered indoors in cold climates.
Approx Max Plant Height: 20 feet
Container Material: Plastic
Light Condition Required: Sun/Shade Mix
Plant Variety: Sweet olive
Item Number (DPCI): 009-08-0618
overall: 5 out of 5 stars, see all reviews
Most recent reviews
5 out of 5 stars
Tracy — 5 months ago
I was incredibly impressed with these plants when they arrived! Very lush and green, the start of many flowers, and excellent growth. I actually went back and ordered a couple more because they were so beautiful (and already smelled great). Thank you Target. :-)