product description page
System Center Configuration Manager Reporting Unleashed (Paperback) (Garth Jones & Dan Toll & Kerrie
About this item
The heart of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager is its SQL Server database. This database contains a wealth of information about users, computers, hardware and software inventory, installed applications, compliance, and more. Microsoft has provided excellent tools for extracting this information in meaningful ways, but it hasn't given System Center users the knowledge they need to use these tools.
System Center 2016 Configuration Manager Reporting Unleashedfills that gap, guiding administrators through every step and technique they need to get crucial information for solving problems and optimizing their IT infrastructure. World-renowned System Center expert Kerrie Meyler and an extraordinary team of consultants and Microsoft MVPs show how to:
- Install SSRS in the System Center environment
- Write effective SQL queries to the System Center database
- Design and build basic, advanced, and security reports, step by step
- Find data in your site's database
- Customize reports with the advanced reporting services of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and the authoring services provided by the
- Reporting Services Report Builder
- Retrieve data and use SSRS with the Report Builder
- Tailor your reports to the needs of end-users or management
The only book entirely dedicated to Configuration Manager reporting, this guide complements Meyler'sSystem Center 2012 Configuration Manager Unleashed, offering far more in-depth coverage of reporting than the single chapter in that book. Most of the content in this new guide will be equally valuable in both System Center 2016 and 2012 environments.