product description page
Teaching Primary Science : Promoting Enjoyment and Developing Understanding (Paperback) (Peter Loxley &
about this item
This fully updated third edition brings science subject knowledge and pedagogy together to support, inform and inspire those training to teach primary science.
Written in a clear and accessible way, Teaching Primary Science provides comprehensive coverage of a wide range of science themes. With a brand new chapter on STEM education, additional guidance on where to find the best resources, and increased emphasis on assessment, story-telling and problem-solving, this book shows how science can offer children pleasure and intellectual satisfaction and help them to develop sound scientific minds.
Key features include:
- Ideas for practice exemplify how you can help children to acquire and use scientific knowledge to satisfy their curiosity about how the natural world works.
- Something to think about scenarios help to extend and develop your own understanding of key ideas.
- Examples of classroom situations, dialogues and stories help you see how theory is applied to practice and support you in reflecting on the best methods for teaching.
- Global Dimension sections offer starting points for discussion and research into how scientific ideas can be positively applied and used to evaluate the impact of human activity on the natural world.
- Talk Skills and Science Discussion sections enable you to develop children’s scientific knowledge and verbal reasoning skills.