product description page
Test of Integrated Language and Literacy Skills Tills Examiner's Manual (Paperback) (Ph.D. Nickola Wolf
About this item
Essential for effective use of the Test of Integrated Language and Literacy Skills™ (TILLS™), this in-depthExaminerâ€™s Manual walks professionals through administration and scoring of the assessment. With this start-to-finish manual, TILLS examiners will:
- review the purposes, uses, background, and components of TILLS
- get comprehensive instructions on administering all 15 TILLS subtests
- find answers to frequently asked questions about TILLS
- learn specific considerations for testing students with previously identified special needs
- get the normative data tables needed to complete TILLS scoring
- understand how to interpret scores with the help of sample profiles for different types of students
The manual also includes the detailed instructions examiners need to complete the four charts of the Examiner Record Form:
- Scoring Chart. Calculate subtest scores and enter corresponding standard scores and percentile ranks, four composites based on subtest standard scores, and the studentâ€™s identification core score.
- Identification Chart. Identify when a studentâ€™s score is consistent with a language/literacy disorder.
- Profile Chart. Produce a visual display of patterns of relative strengths and weaknesses based on standard scores and graph your selected confidence interval.
- Tracking Chart. Document changes in language and literacy skills over time.
Clear and comprehensive, this indispensable guide helps professionals administer and score TILLS accurately and use the results to inform next steps.
For every subtest, TILLS examiners get:
- explicit, precise instructions on how to orally administer the test
- guidelines for following start rules, basal rules, ceiling rules, and probe rules
- detailed directions for recording and scoring student responses
- a tip box for helping them score the subtest and resolve challenging issues
- helpful completed examples with explanatory narratives
About TILLSTEST OF INTEGRATED LANGUAGE AND LITERACY SKILLS (TILLS) is the reliable, valid assessment professionals need to test oral and written language skills in students ages 6—18 years. TILLS is a comprehensive, norm-referenced test that has been standardized for three purposes:
- To identify language and literacy disorders
- To document patterns of relative strengths and weaknesses
- To track changes in language and literacy skills over time