About this item
Texas Hold'em For Dummies introduces you to the fundamental concepts and strategies of this wildly popular game. It covers the rules for playing and betting, odds, etiquette, Hold'em lingo, and offers sound advice to avoid mistakes. This handy reference guide gives new and even seasoned players winning strategies and tactics not just for playing the game, but for winning. You'll learn:
- Rules and strategies for limit, no-limit, tournament, and online play
- How to "play" the other players
- The importance of your bankroll—recommended sizes and more
- Hands you should and should not play
- How to camouflage your play and dodge traps
- When, who, and how to bluff
- How to maximize your win with check-raising and trapping
- The different approaches for playing in private games, casinos, card rooms, tournaments, and on the Internet
- How to use mathematics to your advantage
Texas Hold 'Em is a game of both skill and chance. But it's a game that can be beaten, and whether you want to make money, sharpen your game, or just have a good time, Texas Hold 'Em for Dummies will give you the winning edge.
Read your opponents, avoid mistakes, and win the pot!
Want to play — and win — poker's hottest game? This practical, portable guide gives you all the insider tips and tricks you need to play at the table or online. From playing each stage of a hand and reading other players to betting, bluffing, and minding your bankroll, you get everything you need to play smart and maximize your win!
Discover how to
- Make the right bets
- Bluff your opponents
- Check, call, raise, and fold
- Look for tells and dodge traps
- Read your hand
- Play in casinos and tournaments