About this item
Every part of the Christian tradition has its special people who are looked up to and respected as examples of what each denomination or group best exemplifies. These heroes are called by different names, yet we call them all saints. Welcome to The Complete Guide to Godly Play, Volume 7.
In this volume Jerome Berryman has gathered together fifteen enrichment lessons to help tell the story of the church after Pentecost by focusing on the communion of saints. In Volume 2, the presentation of the "Circle of the Church Year", the "three great times" are identified: the mystery of Christmas, the mystery of Easter, and the mystery of Pentecost. This volume is devoted to the communion of saints as part of the Pentecost mystery. The simple format of the lessons presented in The Complete Guide to Godly Play will enable all teachers, whether new or experienced, to find the information they need to enter fully into the most rewarding play we share? Godly Play.
What's inside Volume 7: 16 Enrichment Presentations? All the information you need to present these Enrichment Lessons to the children in your Godly Play Room.
- Enrichment Lesson 1: Introduction to the Communion of Saints
- Enrichment Lesson 2: Expanded Introduction to the Communion of Saints
- Enrichment Lesson 3: St. Thomas Aquinas
- Enrichment Lesson 4: "St." Valentine
- Enrichment Lesson 5: St. Patrick
- Enrichment Lesson 6: St. Catherine of Siena
- Enrichment Lesson 7: St. Julian of Norwich
- Enrichment Lesson 8: St. Columba
- Enrichment Lesson 9: St. Elizabeth of Portugal
- Enrichment Lesson 10: St. Augustine of Hippo
- Enrichment Lesson 11: Mother Teresa of Calcutta
- Enrichment Lesson 12: St. Teresa of Avila
- Enrichment Lesson 13: St. Margaret of Scotland
- Enrichment Lesson 14: St. Nicholas, Bishop of Myra
- Enrichment Lesson 15: The Story of the Child's Own Saint
- Enrichment Lesson 16: The Story of the Child's Own Life