TRAIN TO WIN WITH JOE FRIEL
Inside this all-new Cyclist's Training Bible, Joe Friel--cycling's most experienced personal coach--presents the latest discoveries in cycling science, data analysis, daily planning, and skills development to help you create a personal training plan for success. Whether you are training for road races, criteriums, time trials, or gravel races, or you just need to improve your climbing, sprinting, endurance, or recovery, The Cyclist's Training Bible covers it all, including:
- Power Meter Metrics: Put cycling's most advanced science to work during every training session.
- TSS-Based Training: Use the Training Stress Score to gauge training load and build a superior training plan.
- Personalized Planning: Create a custom training program to capitalize on your strengths and minimize your limiters.
- Field Tests: Evaluate progress and improve your training focus by performing Functional Threshold Power, Functional Aerobic Capacity, Sprint Power, Time Trial, and Functional Threshold Heart Rate tests.
- Timing Your Peak and Taper: Shed training fatigue while maintaining fitness in the lead-up to your key races.
- Planning a Season: Joe Friel's most advanced and comprehensive tools will help you create a winning daily, monthly, and yearly training plan.
- Strength Training: Develop climbing and sprinting power with targeted exercises on the bike and in the gym.
- Cycling Workouts: Follow detailed workouts to build aerobic endurance, muscular force, speed skill, muscular endurance, anaerobic endurance, and sprint energy.
JOE FRIEL is an internationally recognized expert on endurance training with more than 30 years of personal coaching experience. His revolutionary approach to training and clear instruction have made The Cyclist's Training Bible a world-wide best-seller. Joe is also the author of Fast After 50, The Power Meter Handbook, and The Cyclist's Training Diary. He holds a master's degree in exercise science and is the cofounder of TrainingPeaks.