About this item
Teach some of the most important skills your students will ever need!
Executive function skills--including self-regulation, focus, planning, and time-management--are essential to student success, but they must be taught and practiced. This unique guidebook provides a flexible seven-step model, incorporating UDL principles and the use of metacognition, for making executive-function training part of your classroom routine at any grade level. Features include:
- Descriptions of each skill and its impact on learning
- Examples of instructional steps to assist students as they set goals and work to achieve success.
- Strategies coded by competency and age/grade level
- Authentic snapshots and "think about" sections
- Templates for personalized goal-setting, data collection, and success plans
- Accompanying strategy cards