About this item
From concept creation to food prep best practices to social media marketing tips, The Food Truck Revolution will walk both hopeful entrepreneurs and already established business owners through the process that every food truck operator must complete. Providing a behind-the-scenes look into the breadth and creativity of the food truck movement and the process for stating one of your own, author Spiro Pappadopoulos takes great care educating readers on the ins and outs, pros and cons, and ups and downs of the food truck business.
Readers will learn how to:
- Get your truck operating quickly and affordably.
- Pick a successful truck/menu theme.
- Decide between a regular location and a more roving approach.
- Avoid the five biggest pitfalls of any food business.
- Use social media to create and communicate with your trucks following.
- Understand and appeal to street eaters’ unique needs.
- Decide if you need a physical location for prep, storage, and rapid restocking.
- Track sales and tax collections while you run the business, included forms and links to spreadsheet downloads.
- Understand auxiliary costs like parking, storage, insurance, and fuel.
- Deal with government permitting and licensing.