The Rough Guide to Switzerland
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Switzerland with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to hike or ski in the Alps, explore Zurich and Basel's fine art collections or immerse yourself in world-class music at the Montreux Jazz Festival, The Rough Guide to Switzerland will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Switzerland:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Switzerland
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Geneva, Zurich and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography features inspirational colour photography, including of the stunning view of the Jungfrau peak from Schynige Platte in the Bernese Oberland and Lucerne's postcard-perfect covered bridge on its pristine lake.
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Basel, Zurich, Bern and Lausanne's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Switzerland, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers Geneva, Lausanne and Lake Geneva, the Arc Jurassien, Basel and around, Bern and around, the Bernese Oberland, Valais, Lucerne and Central Switzerland, Zurich, Northeast Switzerland, Graubunden, Ticino
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to France, The Rough Guide to Germany, The Rough Guide to Italy
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.