About this item
TAKE SIX SIGMA TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH THESE RIGOROUS BEYOND-THE-BASICS TECHNIQUES
When you're ready to tackle your business's most intractable problems, you're ready for The Six Sigma Black Belt Handbook. Going far beyond simplified or hypothetical explanations of Six Sigma aimed at novices, this Handbook delivers practical, working tools to sophisticated Six Sigma practitioners. You get details on advanced methods, quantitative and intense, aimed only at those Six Sigma practitioners who are unwilling to settle for anything less than the best possible performance in manufacturing and services.
Written by four top Six Sigma coaches from the world-renowned Motorola University, this second volume in the much-anticipated Six Sigma Operational Methods Series shows Six Sigma Black Belts, Master Black Belts, Champions, and Sponsors how to help their companies move measurably closer to sustainable, world-class business results. Delving into the most complex difficulties that businesses face, the Handbook provides methods and models that work throughout the enterprise, integrating and aligning disparate functions -- such as R&D, manufacturing, human resources, finance, marketing, quality, and customer service -- into a forward-moving, ever-improving whole that is in line with corporate vision, mission, and key strategies. For the first time, the Six Sigma Management System is detailed to show how project level methods and team approaches are integrated with leadership practices and tools to achieve long-term sustainable improvements.
Look inside for the potent analytical and strategic tools you need to:
- Lead multiple initiatives without conflict
- Estimate quality project cost on a project-by-project basis
- Solve complicated problems with resourceful tools that drive creativity and innovation
- Understand and write logical Six Sigma financial reports
- Mentor business skills and team/leadership skills throughout the enterprise
- Drive engaged leadership teams through implementation of the Sig Sigma Management System for sustainable, integrated improvement efforts
If you're ready for serious combat with tough-as-nails business problems, The Six Sigma Black Belt Handbook is the book for you.
This results-driven manual shows Black Belts, Master Black Belts, Champions, Sponsors and other trained Six Sigma practitioners how to get down and dirty with erratic, error-prone processes and slow cycle times everywhere in the enterprise. More than that, the Handbook trains yuou in across-the-enterprise process improvement, showing you how to use a sophistic and Six Sigma Management System to resolve stubborn, resistant problems in communication, performance, and managing change.
Loaded with advanced, yet practical approaches, leadership pearls, and analytical solutions that break intractable business logjams, The Six Sigma Black Belt Handbook helps you:
- Manage an integrated organization-wide, improvement effort
- Steer large-scale projects
- Guide several projects at the same time
- Produce sustainable Six Sigma results in areas such as human resources and marketing
- Optimize transactional processes such as billing and customer support
- Use Six Sigma weaponry to move the entire enterprise measurably closer to mission accomplished
Success stories from enthusiastic Six Sigma companies such as Motorola, General Electric, Allied Signal, and Citibank will keep you reading. Innovative mehods in team leadership, aligning the organization, analysis, financial measurement, and problem-solving will have you eager to put them to work.
If you're an accomplished Six Sigma warrior, whether your organization is small or large, The Six Sigma Black Belt Handbook is the tactical weapon you need to measurably take your business to the next level of accomplishment, improvement, and coherence.