product description page
Theatre Histories : An Introduction (Hardcover) (Bruce Mcconachie & Carol Fisher Sorgenfrei & Tamara
about this item
This new edition of the innovative and widely acclaimed Theatre Histories: An Introduction offers a critical overview of global theatre and drama, spanning a broad wealth of world cultures and periods. Illustrating historiographical theory with case studies demonstrating the methods and interpretive approaches used by today's theatre historians, the authors offer a detailed and thorough examination of global theatre.
Fully revised and renewed, features of this third edition include:
- A full color text design, heavily illustrated with a wealth of colour photographs and illustrations
- Detailed historical, cultural and political timelines, enhancing students’ understanding of the context of each section
- Boxed case studies from a broad range of world cultures, building upon and strengthening knowledge of theoretical approaches and historical content
- A detailed glossary and guidance on pronunciation of unfamiliar terms
- A new and updated companion website, offering further insights, activities and resources to enable students to further their knowledge and understanding of the theatre.