product description page
Theatre in Practice : A Student's Handbook - by Nick O'brien & Annie Sutton (Paperback)
About this item
Theatre in Practice is an accessible and wide-ranging exploration of the central practices and key practitioners covered on the various syllabi at A level, IB, BTEC and beyond. Exploring Stanislavski, Brecht, Artaud, Lecoq, Berkoff and Craig, as well as work from innovative theatre companies such as Complicite, Gecko and The Paper Birds, it combines an informal, unpretentious tone with a wealth of practical exercises.
Revised and updated to meet the most recent post-16 and A level drama requirements and to include some of the latest practices in theatre, this new edition offers a step-by-step approach to developing key skills such as devising, improvising, rehearsing mono/duologues and directing plays. Written by specialists with extensive experience leading workshops for the post-16 age-group, Theatre in Practice is a thorough and imaginative resource that speaks directly to students.
New for this edition:
- A new chapter exploring Artaud and how to use Artaud with text and when devising.
- A new chapter exploring the progression of practice from Lecoq to Complicite.
- A series of step-by-step exercises exploring the Gecko devising process.
- An exploration of the work of The Paper Birds and E G Craig when devising.
- New exercises on how to devise using Stanislavski and Brecht.