product description page
Three-Dimensional Integrated Circuit Design (Paperback) (Vasilis F. Pavlidis & Ioannis Savidis & Eby G.
about this item
Three-Dimensional Integrated Circuit Design, Second Eition, expands the original with more than twice as much new content, adding the latest developments in circuit models, temperature considerations, power management, memory issues, and heterogeneous integration. 3-D IC experts Pavlidis, Savidis, and Friedman cover the full product development cycle throughout the book, emphasizing not only physical design, but also algorithms and system-level considerations to increase speed while conserving energy. A handy, comprehensive reference or a practical design guide, this book provides effective solutions to specific challenging problems concerning the design of three-dimensional integrated circuits.
Expanded with new chapters and updates throughout based on the latest research in 3-D integration:
- Manufacturing techniques for 3-D ICs with TSVs
- Electrical modeling and closed-form expressions of through silicon vias
- Substrate noise coupling in heterogeneous 3-D ICs
- Design of 3-D ICs with inductive links
- Synchronization in 3-D ICs
- Variation effects on 3-D ICs
- Correlation of WID variations for intra-tier buffers and wires
- Offers practical guidance on designing 3-D heterogeneous systems
- Provides power delivery of 3-D ICs
- Demonstrates the use of 3-D ICs within heterogeneous systems that include a variety of materials, devices, processors, GPU-CPU integration, and more
- Provides experimental case studies in power delivery, synchronization, and thermal characterization