product description page
Time-Frequency Signal Analysis and Processing : A Comprehensive Reference (Hardcover)
About this item
Time-Frequency Signal Analysis and Processing (TFSAP) is a collection of theory and algorithms used for the analysis and processing of non-stationary signals, as found in a wide range of applications including telecommunications, radar, and biomedical engineering. This book gives the university researcher and R&D engineer insight into how to use TFSAP methods to develop the engineering application systems they are looking to implement.
- A comprehensive tutorial introduction to Time-Frequency Signal Analysis and Processing TFSAP, accessible to anyone who has taken a first course in signals and systems;
- Key theory and algorithms, concisely presented by some of the leading authorities on the respective topics
- Applications, written by leading researchers, showing how to use TFSAP methods to develop
- Availability of a software package on TFSAP which consists of the most important algorithms described in the book so that they are ready for use with an easy GUi (Graphic User Interface).
- New sections on Efficient Fast Algorithms and a section "Getting Started" which allows users to start using the algorithms on simulated and real examples, compare the results presented in the book and then insert the algorithms in their own application and adapt as needed (Source code is provided)
- Two new chapters, 23 new sections, all sections include the latest references.
- New topics in this edition include: Efficient algorithms (with source code), the EMD, the S transform, time-frequency modelling, more mathematical foundations, relationship between QTFDs and Wavelet Transforms; new advanced applications such as cognitive radio; watermarking; noise reduction in the time-frequency domain; a time-frequency approach for spike detection; algorithms for Time-Frequency Image Processing; a full new chapter dedicated to Time-Frequency applications in neuroscience; a practical new chapter to help new users get started.