product description page
Time to Talk : What You Need to Know About Your Child's Speech and Language Development (Paperback)
About this item
Wondering when to expect baby’s first word? Want to get your toddler talking? Worried your child is not speaking as clearly as his peers?
When it comes to language acquisition, all parents have questions…and Time to Talk has the answers. Written by an experienced speech-language pathologist and mom, this practical and proactive guide will help you:
- Understand the building blocks of speech and language
- Monitor progress against expected milestones
- Enhance your child’s communication skills
- Spot signs of potential problems with hearing, speech, or language development
- Address common concerns, such as articulation, late talking, stuttering, dyslexia, and more
- Get the best results from speech and language therapy
- Foster literacy
- Raise bilingual children successfully
- And more
From baby’s first babbling to reading readiness, this speech-language booster and troubleshooter covers it all.