product description page
Tiny House Parking : How to Find Safe, Practical, and Affordable Land for Your Tiny House (Paperback)
about this item
Are you sold on the tiny house movement but still not sure where you would put yours? When it comes to building your own home, location is everything. No doubt, you’ve heard about someone being forced to move from their tiny house due to complaints by neighbors, zoning issues, or conflicts with landlords. The good news is that these kinds of issues can be minimized by finding the right piece of land for your tiny house. Whether you rent land, buy it, or trade your time or services, you need to lay out your exact requirements so you’ll know exactly the right space when you see it. Tiny House Parking will help you navigate the confusing legal landscape that surrounds tiny houses so you can find exactly the right place for your tiny home.
Inside Tiny House Parking: How to Find Safe, Practical, and Affordable Land for Your Tiny HouseTiny House Parking answers these questions and more:
- Where can I put a tiny house?
- Where can I legally build a tiny house in my jurisdiction?
- Will it be legal to live in my tiny house?
- How do I find landowners willing to let me rent a place for my tiny house?
- How do I avoid brushes with the law or local authorities?
- A crash course in zoning basics so that you know how to find your town’s zoning bylaws and make important decisions about your tiny house.
- Information about the legality of different types of tiny houses.
- Advice how to deal with the law (if you have to).
- Exact requirements of what you’ll need on the land where you live.
- General strategies (and a huge list of resources) for finding exactly the right place.