product description page
To Be a Man : A Guide to True Masculine Power - Reprint by Ph.d. Robert Augustus Masters (Paperback)
About this item
Many men—despite achieving great jobs and lifestyles—find themselves burdened with dissatisfaction, disconnection, and self-doubt. Robert Augustus Masters has helped thousands of men work through such issues, by facing their unresolved wounds and shame, bringing their head, heart, and guts into full-blooded alignment.
With To Be a Man, this acclaimed psychotherapist and relationship expert offers a groundbreaking and deeply insightful guide to masculine power and fulfillment.
In this book, readers will explore:
• How your past may be dominating your present
• Shame in its healthy and unhealthy forms, and how to make wise use of it
• How vulnerability can be a source of strength
• Emotional literacy—an essential skill for relational well-being
• Releasing sex from the obligation to make you feel better
• How to disempower your inner critic
• Bringing your shadow (whatever you’ve disowned in yourself) out of the dark
• What women need from men
• Understanding and outgrowing ******
• Discovering the heartland of true masculine power
If you’ve read your share of popular advice on relationships and being a man—but realize on a gut level that it’s going to take some serious inner work—To Be a Man is a fantastic entry into the modern challenge of embracing a mindful, considerate, passionate, and fully embodied masculinity. Join Robert Augustus Masters to discover what’s needed to enter a manhood as strongly empowered as it is vulnerable, a manhood at home with intimate relationship and with life itself.