product description page
Tourism Impacts, Planning and Management (Revised) (Paperback) (Peter Mason)
about this item
Tourism Impacts, Planning and Management is a unique text, which links these three crucial areas of tourism - impacts, planning and management.
Tourism impacts are multi-faceted and therefore are difficult to plan for and manage. This title looks at all the key players involved - be they tourists, host communities or industry members - and considers a number of approaches and techniques for managing tourism impacts successfully.
Now in a third edition, this bestselling text has been fully revised to include:
- New material on: terrorism, sustainability, climate change, sex tourism, heritage tourism, theories of tourism planning and GIS.
- New chapter on Destination Planning and Management
- Updated tourism data and statistics
- Case studies on urban tourism, pro-poor tourism, cruise ship tourism, coral reef tourism, historic monuments, eco-labels, codes of conduct and sustainable tourism from both developed and developing regions, including Australia, Iceland, Spain, the UK, Namibia, the Arctic and Antarctica.
- A companion website including PPTs, video and web links.
The text is written in an accessible style and includes a plethora of features that engage and aid understanding. This accessible yet academically rigorous introduction to tourism impacts, planning and management is essential reading for all tourism students.