product description page
Tropical Dermatology (Hardcover) (Steven K. Tyring & Omar Lupi & Ulrich R. Hengge)
About this item
In an increasingly global community, the rapid adaptation of microorganisms has facilitated the return of old communicable diseases and the emergence of new ones. Tropical Dermatology, 2nd Edition, provides a practical, highly illustrated approach to the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of tropical skin diseases. In a concise and user-friendly format, it offers authoritative coverage of epidemiology, diagnosis, differential diagnosis, pathology, laboratory tests, management, and prevention for both common and rare conditions.
- Examines the full range of tropical skin diseases in an easy-to-reference format, with consistently organized, templated chapters.
- Structures clinical guidance by disease rather than by microbe or "bug."
- Covers the key issues for travelers, important considerations for people working in the tropics, and non-infectious conditions.
- Provides authoritative guidance for dermatologists, infectious disease specialists, and travel medicine physicians.
- Includes new chapters on Tungiasis, Ebola and Zika virus.
- Features updates on emerging diseases and new therapies throughout.
- Includes brand-new, "hard-to-find" clinical images, for a total of more than 650 full-color illustrations throughout.
- Integrates the knowledge and experience of new international contributors, including recognized experts in dermatology from the United States, Europe, South America, Africa, and Asia.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.