product description page
Turn Waste into Wealth : How to Find Cash in Every Corner of the Company (Hardcover) (Mark C. Deluzio)
About this item
Cash is lying around everywhere in companies. It's piled to the ceilings in warehouses and on shelves, hiding in plain sight as inventory. It litters administrative offices, disguised as incorrect invoices, late billings, incomplete forms, input errors, sloppy requests from salespeople. It languishes in the countless places a customer's order can hide as it crawls from order entry to production and shipment. It sits in business's lobbies waiting for sales calls to start.
All that cash is retrievable, gettable, bankable—available for re-investment and dividends. Turn Waste into Wealth will help you get that cash by becoming a Lean company.
Mark DeLuzio, principle architect of the vaunted Danaher Business System that has led companies to world-class performance, presents hard-hitting tips and numerous case histories that will help you make your company Lean. You'll learn:
• Why Lean is the modern way to run any organization
• Eleven steps to transform your organization to a Lean culture
• What leaders must do to insure a successful Lean transformation
• Lean accounting practices that promote Lean behaviors
• The Lean rules for capital expenditure decision making
• How to identify and deal with Lean naysayers
• What and why to benchmark
• The kaizen rules for success
• The Lean formula for setting prices
• How to deploy strategy in a Lean environment
• And much more
Great companies continuously, relentlessly improve everything they do to increase shareholder returns. Whether you're new to Lean or already using Lean practices, Turn Waste into Wealth will help you make your company great.