product description page
Tuttle Learner's Chinese-English Dictionary (Bilingual) (Paperback) (Li Dong)
About this item
This Mandarin Chinese Dictionary is for elementary to intermediate learners of ChineseTuttle Learner's Chinese-English Dictionary is a totally new dictionary designed specifically for elementary to intermediate learners of Chinese, and contains all 3,051 vocabulary items prescribed for Levels A and B of the internationally recognized test of Mandarin language proficiency, Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK).This self-contained dictionary has over 3,000 headwords—those required for HSK Levels A and B, plus important proper nouns and common idioms. Extensive notes on culture, grammar and meaning are included to enhance understanding and ensure correct usage. Students attempting to learn Chinese will find this dictionary to be an essential guide to the Chinese language as well as a reliable reference tool.This Chinese dictionary contains:
- The 4,800 most frequently used Chinese vocabulary items.
- All entries contain Romanized Chinese forms (hanyu pinyin), simplified Chinese characters (hanzi) as well as traditional Chinese characters if they exist.
- Terms are searchable by Chinese–English or English–Chinese.
- All Chinese entries are arranged alphabetically by Romanized Mandarin Chinese forms (hanyu pinyin).
- Chinese word components are listed and analyzed to facilitate understanding.
- Over 4,700 sample sentences to demonstrate how each word is used.
- Detailed notes on culture, grammar and usage.
- Chinese translations for common English names and places in China.
Number of Pages: 281
Genre: Foreign Language Study
Sub-Genre: Polyglot Dictionaries, Chinese
Publisher: Tuttle Pub
Author: Li Dong
Street Date: August 25, 2015
Item Number (DPCI): 248-01-9009
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.