product description page
Uncle John's Uncanny Bathroom Reader (Paperback)
about this item
What’s so uncanny about the 29th annual edition of Uncle John’s? This enduring book series has been delivering entertaining information to three generations of readers (so far)...and it’s still going strong! How do they do it? Back in 1988, Uncle John successfully predicted the way that 21st-century readers would want their information: in quick hits, concisely and cleverly written, and with details so delightful that you’re compelled to share them with someone else. (Kind of like the Internet, but without all those annoying ads.) This groundbreaking series has been imitated time and time again but never equaled. And Uncanny is the Bathroom Readers’ Institute at their very best. Covering a wide array of topics—incredible origins, forgotten history, weird news, amazing science, dumb crooks, and more—readers of all ages will enjoy these 512 pages of the best stuff in print. Here are but a few of the uncanny topics awaiting you...
The World's Weirdest Protests
The Wit and Wisdom of Bill Murray
Forgotten Game Shows
Darth Vader's Borderline Personality Disorder, and Other Real Psychiatric Diagnoses of Fictional Characters
Manly Historical Leaders and Their Manly Tattoos
NASA's "Pillownaut" Experiment
The Secret Lives of Squatters
And much more!
IBPA Benjamin Franklin Silver Award winner 2017!
- The World’s Weirdest Protests
- The Wit and Wisdom of Bill Murray
- Forgotten Game Shows
- Darth Vader’s Borderline Personality Disorder, and Other Real Psychiatric Diagnoses of Fictional Characters
- Manly Historical Leaders and Their Manly Tattoos
- NASA’s "Pillownaut" Experiment
- The Secret Lives of Squatters
- Toilets, Motorcycles, and Other Strange Things That Have Fallen From the Sky
- The Origins of Apples and Oranges (and a Bunch of Other Fruits)
- Where to Visit Real-Life Horror Movie Locations
- Cooking with Mr. Coffee
- Odd Alcoholic Drinks From Around the World
- The History of the Tooth Fairy
- Zoo Escapes!
And much, much more!