product description page
Urban Tree Management : For the Sustainable Development of Green Cities (Paperback)
about this item
Urban tree management is the key basis for greener cities of the future. It is a practical discipline which includes tree selection, planting, care and protection and the overall management of trees as a collective resource.
Urban Tree Management aims to raise awareness for the positive impacts and benefits of city trees and for their importance to city dwellers. It describes their advantages and details their effects on quality of urban life and well-being ï¿½ aspects that are increasingly important in these times of progressing urbanisation.
With this book you will learn:
- fundamentals, methods and tools of urban tree management
- state of the art in the fields of urban forestry and tree biology
- positive effects and uses of urban trees
- features, requirements and selection criteria for urban trees
- conditions and problems of urban trees
- governance and management aspects
- environmental education programs.
Edited by the leading expert Dr Andreas Roloff, Urban Tree Management is an excellent resource for plant scientists, horticulturists, dendrologists, arborists and arboriculturists, forestry scientists, city planners, parks department specialists and landscape architects. It will be an essential addition to all students and libraries where such subjects are taught.