About this item
- Enter the world of virtual reality with the View-Master VR Viewer (sold separately), and walk on the wild side with the National Geographic Wildlife experience pack
- This kid-friendly device will surround you with stunning 360-degree environments so you feel as if you are really there!
- Simply download the associated free View-Master National Geographic: Wildlife VR app, slide your smartphone into the viewer and place a National Geographic: Wildlife reel in front of you. Look at the reel and just click the lever to launch yourself through time and space!
- The National Geographic: Wildlife View-Master Experience Pack transports you to the Australian outback, Amazon and te African savanna to observe the animals in their natural habitats
- Additional features, that include videos, photos and notes from National Geographic's vast archives, add to the experience with educational facts and fun interactive opportunities
- Collect other experience packs (sold separately) to visit new places, explore new environments and discover new worlds with a whole new level of realism!
Go on Safari with the Virtual Reality View-Master! View-Master Experience Pack: National Geographic: Wildlife, designed to work with the View-Master Virtual Reality Viewer, takes you on safari in three of the world's most famous spots without ever leaving home! Walk on the wild side with kangaroos and koalas in the Australian outback, sloths and jaguars in the Amazon and native animals on the African savanna. For more than 75 years, generations of kids have been introduced to the wonder of 3-D by View-Master. Now, get ready to experience a whole new level of realism with today's View-Master VR that Works With Google Cardboard. The View-Master VR Viewer (sold separately) will become your portal to immersive, virtual reality adventures that will transport you around the world and beyond. Simply download the View-Master VR National Geographic: Wildlife app, slide your smartphone into the viewer and place a National Geographic: Wildlife reel in front of you. A 3-D augmented reality menu will appear- digital icons that seem to float above the reel. Make your selection, and click the lever to launch yourself through time and space into 360-degree views that completely surround you. Look up, look down, look around- everywhere you turn, there is something to see because you are "virtually "standing within the environment! Interact with your surroundings by pulling up videos, images, fun facts or mini-games, all with a simple click of the lever- to add to the experience. Go deeper into a scene, exploring the panorama, playing adventure photographer games or learning new facts through videos, photos and notes from National Geographic's vast archives. Completely kid-friendly, the new View-Master provides a safe portal to stunning Colors and decorations may vary. Compatible smartphone required (not included): Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note4, Motorola Moto X (2014), Motorola Droid Turbo, LG G4, LG G3, HTC One, Nexus 6, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 5x, iPhone 5c***, iPhone 5***, iOS 8 and above. NOTE: View-Master VR may also work with newer model Android smartphones not listed above that have screens between 5 and 6 inches. ***View-Master VR apps may not be optimized for iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c. For ages 7 and up.
Dimensions (Overall): 7.2 inches (H) x 1.1 inches (W) x 5.0 inches (L)
Weight: .35 pounds
Type of Game: Classic games
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Suggested Age: 7 Years and Up
CPSC Choking Hazard Warnings: Choking_hazard_small_parts
Care and Cleaning: Spot or wipe clean
Number of Players: 1 Player
Item Number (DPCI): 207-17-0203
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.
Ratings & reviews3
overall: 3.3 out of 5 stars, see all reviews
Most recent reviews
4 out of 5 stars
Kathyzski — 1 year ago
I was purchasing this for a view master for my kindergarten class, not a virtual reality system. I should've read the description better. It is a little deceiving when they show the reel. Guess I'm a little "old school". Sorry to say, I will be returning these.see moreof the reviewer's review
Poor use of VR
1 out of 5 stars
Lynden — 2 years ago
This pack basically gives you a 360 degree picture which acts as a menu to access pictures and videos. It is an interactive menu rather than an interactive experience. There are better free apps in the play store that will work with the viewer. I expected more from NatGeo.see moreof the reviewer's review
The best experience of the starter pack!
5 out of 5 stars
Elizabeth — 3 years ago
Perfect holiday gift for kids and valued at an affordable price. Includes Nat Geo photographs, video, fun facts, etc. Educational and fun! Highly recommend.see moreof the reviewer's review