product description page
Voice & Vision : A Creative Approach to Narrative Filmmaking - by Mick Hurbis-cherrier (Paperback)
About this item
Features of this book include:
- Comprehensive technical information on video production and postproduction tools, allowing filmmakers to express themselves with any camera, in any format, and on any budget
- An emphasis on the collaborative filmmaking process, including the responsibilities and creative contributions of every principal member of the crew and cast
- A focus on learning to work successfully with available resources (time, equipment, budget, personnel, etc.) in order to turn limitations into opportunities
- Updated digital filmmaking workflow breakdowns for Rec. 709 HD, Log Format, and D-Cinema productions
- Substantial coverage of the sound tools and techniques used in film production and the creative impact of postproduction sound design
- An extensive discussion of digital cinematography fundamentals, including essential lighting and exposure control tools, common gamma profiles, the use of LUTs, and the role of color grading
- Abundant examples referencing contemporary and classic films from around the world
- Indispensible information on production safety, team etiquette, and set procedures.
The third edition also features a robust companion website that includes eight award-winning example short films; interactive and high-resolution figures; downloadable raw footage; production forms and logs for preproduction, production, and postproduction; video examples that illustrate key concepts found within the book, and more.
Whether you are using it in the classroom or are looking for a comprehensive reference to learn everything you need to know about the filmmaking process, Voice & Vision delivers all of the details in an accessible and reader-friendly format.