product description page
Washington Manual of Pediatrics (Paperback)
about this item
Concise, portable, and user-friendly, The Washington Manual® of Pediatrics, 2nd Edition, focuses on the essential information you need to know when caring for children in the hospital, ICU, emergency department, and subspecialty outpatient clinics. This practical reference presents brief, logical approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of common inpatient pediatric problems, as well as evidence-based references where they are available. Thoroughly updated throughout, the 2nd Edition provides a clear view of the challenges faced by residents, interns, and medical students, plus offers practical solutions, and expert guidance – all in one convenient and easily accessible source.Key Features:
- Thoroughly revised chapters with up-to-date, clinically applicable content that is easy for providers at all levels.
- New chapters on Development Milestones, Child Maltreatment, and Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
- Coverage includes growth and nutrition, emergencies, poisonings, newborn medicine, critical care, surgery, adolescent medicine, child maltreatment, allergy and immunology, radiology, sedation, genetic diseases, and much more.
- Numerous tables, algorithms, and evidence-based references keep you up to date.
- Written by interns, residents, chief residents, subspecialty fellows, and faculty atSt. Louis Children’s Hospital and Washington University in St. Louis.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Number of Pages: 673.0
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Street Date: February 11, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-06-1728