About this item
The perfect up-to-date imaging guide for a complete and 3-dimensional understanding of applied human anatomy
Imaging is becoming ever more integral to anatomy education and throughout modern medicine. Building on the success of previous editions, this fully revised fifth edition provides a superb foundation for understanding applied human anatomy, offering a complete view of the structures and relationships within the body through the very latest imaging techniques.
It is ideally suited to the needs of medical students, as well as radiologists, radiographers and surgeons in training. It will also prove invaluable to the range of other students and professionals who require a clear, accurate, view of anatomy in current practice.
- Fully revised legends and labels and over 80% new images - featuring the latest imaging techniques and modalities as seen in clinical practice
- Covers the full variety of relevant modern imaging - including cross-sectional views in CT and MRI, angiography, ultrasound, fetal anatomy, plan film anatomy, nuclear medicine imaging and more - with better resolution to ensure the clearest anatomical views
- Unique new summaries of the most common, clinically important anatomical variantsfor each body region - reflects the fact that around 20% of human bodies have at least one clinically significant variant
- New orientation drawings - to help you understand the different views and the 3D anatomy of 2D images, as well as the conventions between cross-sectional modalities
- Now a more compete learning package than ever before, with a superb new range of BONUS electronic enhancements embedded within the accompanying eBook, including:
- Labelled image 'stacks' - that allow you to review cross-sectional imaging as if using an imaging workstation
- Self-test image 'slideshows' with multi-tier labelling - to help learning and cater for beginner to more advanced experience levels
- Labelled ultrasound videos - bring images to life and reflect this increasingly important modality
- Questions and answers accompany each chapter - to test your understanding and aid exam preparation
- 34 pathology tutorials - lead you through the essential relationships between normal and abnormal anatomy