This stylish Whirlpool 35 bottle wine refrigerator is perfect for any entertainment space. Keep your wine stored, chilled and ready to serve. When placing under counters, the suggested distance between the product and the cabinets are: 2" per side, 0.5" on top and 2" on the back.
I bought this fridge, even though the last reviews were not very re-assuring. This was a replacement for a 28 bottle GE unit, that the sensor went bad
Have the appliance for a few days and overall I'm quite happy with it.
- Very quiet: I can barely hear when it turns on ( I had my old GE unit on top a cork dampers before)
- Cools quite well - I have set up at 48 degrees
- Looks great and is very compact - Much smaller than the GE unit that replaces
- Arrived on Time and in good shape
- Temperature is not consistent with the fridge - the top shelve is at 54 degrees and the bottom shelve at 46 degrees ( I set up a test with the same brand wine bottle in the top shelve and the bottom) so I loaded the white wines in the bottom and red in the top as a way to address the issue
- Cannot set up the light to turn on when the door opens
- The shelves were poorly designed! If it was give 1/8" more per bottle all the way around it would resolve the problem! some of the bottle did not fit well, so it is a jigsaw puzzle to get all the bottles in
- Shelves do not slide out
- The first shelve you need to a second row on top of it - which is not great!
- The bottom shelve you have to load 6 bottles sideways
Read the reviews and don’t waste your time. Item came dented on the side (no biggie since it’s going under the counter) but also a BIG DENT on the door.
Let me just easily return it... by sticking it back in the box I broke down to get it out, loading it in my vehicle and dragging it to ups. Target won’t let me return in store.
The fridge was shipped to my house in horrible packaging and the right top corner of the fridge was dented. Decided to keep because the dent will be covered and the fridge was cheap. Also, I tried to change the door hinge because I wanted it to open the other way and now the pegs won't fit which means the door won't open all the way.
The shelves are too close to fit red wine bottles , Pinot , Cabs, and Champagnes
This is why I prefer to buy in store, but they don't carry these at the local store.
First one arrived dented, returned it the next day, and it took three weeks for the replacement.
I had an unfortunate experience in ordering this wine fridge online. UPS delivered at my condo when I was not home and without providing any advance notice of their delivery date. I then had to get another person to help carry it to my second story condo only to unpackage the refrigerator and find the door not connected and the door hinge damaged. I then called customer service at Target and was presented with only the options of returning to a Target store (wine fridge would not fit in my car nor can be carried by 1 person) or having UPS pick it up again but again, with no ability to schedule so I was expected to be at home an entire day to wait for it to be picked up at my door.
Extremely poor quality and arrived dented in several places (no one's fault but the shipping company's). The stainless steel was so warped by the door hinge that the fridge door wouldn't even stay on. Setup screws were missing. Didn't even bother plugging it in and getting it running because the whole fridge was such a mess. Be aware that Whirlpool no longer has the high-quality reputation it used to!