About this item
A powerful program to free yourself from manipulators--and regain control of your life
Millions of people, both men and women, can become involved in relationships with manipulators--people who control through emotional manipulation, insults, and mind games. These "toxic" relationships erode self-esteem and make life miserable for the victim. Whether the manipulator is a relative, a spouse or romantic partner, a boss, coworker, or subordinate, or even a trusted friend or advisor, Dr. Harriet B. Braiker, bestselling author of The Disease to Please, shows you how to break this damaging cycle for good.
Who's Pulling Your Strings? will help you end a current destructive relationship, understand how it occurred--and prevent you from ever getting involved in a manipulative relationship again. Using revealing self-assessment quizzes, action plans, and how-to exercises, Dr. Braiker empowers you to:
- Recognize the signs of a manipulative relationship
- Spot manipulators and their typical ways of operating
- Assess your own vulnerability to manipulation
- Identify the 7 main "Head Games" manipulators play
- Utilize effective resistance tactics against manipulator's efforts
- Transform yourself from a "soft" to a "hardened" target
- Extricate yourself from manipulative relationships that do not change
- Protect yourself from falling prey to manipulators' control in the future
- Stop others from pulling your strings once and for all
With insight, compassionate advice, and self-affirming strategies, Dr. Braiker helps you end any manipulative relationship and regain control of your life--starting right now.