product description page
Why Is There Evil in the World and So Much of It? - (Big Ten) by Greg Welty (Paperback)
about this item
Many people argue that the presence of evil in the world is proof that God cannot exist, or if He does exist, cannot be good or all-powerful.
In Why Is There Evil in the World (and So Much of It?), Greg Welty uses biblical exegesis alongside his experience as a philosopher to present a different conclusion: that God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of the world, really does work all things for good.
A must-read for anyone struggling with the issue of evil in the world.
Topics discussed include:
- What is the Problem of Evil?
- The Greater-Good Theodicy: A Threefold Argument for Three Biblical Themes
- Licensing the Greater-Good Theodicy: God's Sovereignty over Evil
- Limiting the Greater-Good Theodicy: The Inscrutability of God's Purposes
- Can Free Will or the Laws of Nature Solve the Problem of Evil?
- Appendix: Going Beyond Job, Joseph, and Jesus for the Greater-Good Theodicy