product description page
Wiley International Handbook of Educational Leadership (Hardcover) (Duncan Waite)
about this item
A provocative and authoritative compendium of writings on leadership in education from distinguished scholar-educators worldwide.
What is educational leadership? What are some of the trends, questions, and social forces most relevant to the current state of education? What are the possible futures of education, and what can educational leadership contribute to these futures? To address these questions, and more, editors Duncan Waite and Ira Bogotch asked distinguished international thought leaders on education to share their insights, observations, and research findings on the nature of education and educational leadership in the global village.
The Wiley International Handbook of Educational Leadership brings together contributions from authors in twenty-one countries, spanning six continents. Topics examined include leadership and aesthetics, creativity, eco‐justice, advocacy, Big Data and technology, neoliberalism, emerging philosophies and theories, critical democracy, gender and radical feminism, political economies, emotions, postcolonialism, and new directions in higher education.
A must-read for teachers, researchers, scholars, and policy makers, this Handbook:
- Champions radical pluralism over consensus and pseudoscientific or political solutions to problems in education
- Embraces social, economic, and political relevance alongside the traditions of careful and systematic rigor
- Challenges traditional epistemological, cultural, and methodological concepts of education and educational leadership
- Explores the field’s historical antecedents and ways in which leadership can transcend the narrow disciplinary and bureaucratic constraints imposed by current research designs and methods
- Advances radically new possibilities for remaking educational leadership research and educational institutions