product description page
Windows Registry Forensics : Advanced Digital Forensic Analysis of the Windows Registry (Paperback)
About this item
Windows Registry Forensics: Advanced Digital Forensic Analysis of the Windows Registry, Second Edition provides the most in-depth guide to forensic investigations using Windows Registry. This book is one of a kind, giving the background of the Registry to help users develop an understanding of the binary structure of registry hive files.
Approaches to live response and analysis are included, and tools and techniques for post mortem analysis are discussed at length. Tools and techniques are presented that take you beyond the current use of viewers and into real analysis of data contained in the Registry.
This Second Edition of presents a ground-up approach to understanding so that the treasure trove of the Registry is mined on a regular and continuing basis.
- Named a Best Digital Forensics Book by InfoSec Reviews
- Packed with real-world examples using freely available open source tools
- Provides a deep explanation and understanding of the Windows Registry - the most difficult part of Windows to analyze forensically
- Includes a companion website that contains the code and author-created tools discussed in the book
- New edition completely updated for the most current tools and techniques
- Contains completely updated content throughout, with all new coverage of the latest versions of Windows