About this item
Wine For Dummies, 6th Edition reveals what's in, what's out, and what's new in wine. With new and revised content, this edition of the popularWine For Dummies text takes you on a tour of emerging and old world wine regions, showcasing the varieties and styles you need to know to stay up to date on today's wine scene. In addition to highlighting wines themselves, this approachable resource offers insight into wine shops, supermarket wine selections, wine and food pairings, vintage charts, and price guidelines. For the aspiring wine aficionado, the text offers expert advice on buying, collecting, and rating wines—and can direct you in updating your personal collection through its thorough guidance.
Wine has, for generations, been an important part of culture and society around the world. Over time, trends in wine change—as do the ways in which it is created, celebrated, and enjoyed. Exploring today's wine trends is a great way to learn more about and appreciate different cultures—and let's be honest: educational value aside, wine tastes amazing.
- Understand different grape varieties and varying wine styles
- Read wine lists and labels, and understand how to use them to make the right purchases
- Pair your wine with food in a way that will bring out the best flavors in all aspects of your meal
- Explore how to best select, store, open, pour, and enjoy your wine
Wine For Dummies, 6th Edition provides you with the information you need to confidently navigate today's wine scene!
In Wine For Dummies, 6th Edition, the authors?both accredited as Certified Wine Educators?share their expertise, revealing the latest on what's in, what's out, and what's new in wine. Featuring 25% new and revised content, including:
- New information on emerging wine regions in the US, such as Washington state, Ohio, New Mexico, Virginia, Michigan, and Long Island, NY
- New information on upcoming international regions such as Bulgaria, Croatia, and Argentina
- Updated information on "old world" wine regions such as France, Italy, and Spain; plus new and improved coverage of "new world" wine regions such as the United States, Australia, and New Zealand
- Revamped information on navigating wine shops and supermarket wine selections, and the latest expert advice on buying, collecting, and rating wine; plus new tips on marrying wine and food
- Updated vintage charts and price guidelines
- Recent trends in wine, including packaging innovations such as wine in a can; labeling trends to make wine less intimidating and more fun; legal issues regarding ordering wine online; mixing wine with fruit or other mixtures; and gimmicks such as magnets & crystals that are intended to make wine less tannic.