product description page
Winning Well : A Manager's Guide to Getting Results - Without Losing Your Soul (Hardcover) (Karin Hurt &
About this item
It can feel like a rigged game. Executives set aggressive goals, so managers drive their teams to burnout trying to deliver. Or, employees seek connection and support, so managers focus on relationships . . . and fail to make the numbers. The fallout is stress, frustration, and disengagement, and not just among team members—two-thirds of managers report being disengaged.
To succeed, managers cannot choose between results and relationships. They need both: They must get people to achieve while creating an environment that makes them truly want to.Winning Well offers managers a quick, practical action plan—complete with examples, stories, and online assessments. They will learn how to:
- Stamp out the corrosive win-at-all-costs mentality
- Focus on the game, not just the score
- Reinforce behaviors that produce results
- Sustain energy and momentum
- Correct poor performance without drama
- Build productive relationships
- Be the leader people want to work for
Today’s hypercompetitive economy has created tense, overextended workplaces. Keep it productive, rewarding, and even fun with this one-stop success kit.