product description page
Wireless Power Transfer for Electric Vehicles and Mobile Devices (Hardcover) (Chun T. Rim & Chris Mi)
about this item
From mobile, cable-free re-charging of electric vehicles, smart phones and laptops to collecting solar electricity from orbiting solar farms, wireless power transfer (WPT) technologies offer consumers and society enormous benefits. Written by innovators in the field, this comprehensive resource explains the fundamental principles and latest advances in WPT and illustrates key applications of this emergent technology.
Key features and coverage include:
- The fundamental principles of WPT to practical applications on dynamic charging and static charging of EVs and smartphones.
- Theories for inductive power transfer (IPT) such as the coupled inductor model, gyrator circuit model, and magnetic mirror model.
- IPTs for road powered EVs, including controller, compensation circuit, electro-magnetic field cancel, large tolerance, power rail segmentation, and foreign object detection.
- IPTs for static charging for EVs and large tolerance and capacitive charging issues, as well as IPT mobile applications such as free space omnidirectional IPT by dipole coils and 2D IPT for robots.
- Principle and applications of capacitive power transfer.
- Synthesized magnetic field focusing, wireless nuclear instrumentation, and future WPT.
A technical asset for engineers in the power electronics, internet of things and automotive sectors, Wireless Power Transfer for Electric Vehicles and Mobile Devices is an essential design and analysis guide and an important reference for graduate and higher undergraduate students preparing for careers in these industries.