about this item
This book combines theory, empirical research, and practical, international case studies to provide students with a comprehensive resource that demonstrates theories on gender alongside their operation in everyday workplace situations.
Reeves’s new edition provides a thorough review of issues important to women in the workplace, including gender discrimination and the legal framework for equity at work. The book uses case studies to illustrate key, legal themes and introduces several new features, including:
- Updated statistics on women’s participation in the workforce
- Updated examples of resources for women in business
- Two new chapters covering negotiation and influencing skills and women in STEM fields
- New case studies, featuring comparisons between the position of women in the United States and in other countries
- An instructor’s manual with advice, suggested answers to the end-of-chapter questions, and additional resources
This is a one-stop resource for any student interested in gender theory and issues that affect women in the workplace.