product description page
Working With Library Collections : An Introduction for Support Staff (Paperback) (Hali R. Keeler)
about this item
Working with Library Collections is written in clear language with practical examples of how performance can contribute to exemplary library service. It is aligned with the ALA support staff standards and prepares library support staff to:
- Know how to use an integrated library system and other appropriate online tools.
- Know the basic principles of collection development and management.
- Assist with decisions regarding selection, de-selection, retention and replacement of all types of library resources.
- Know the basic principles, and can apply, the appropriate procedures to the processes that provide users with access to a wide variety of content.
- Know the various ways in which content, in multiple formats, is produced and distributed to libraries.
- Understand the value of resource sharing agreements and apply them to collection decisions.
- Know and use the recognized standard evaluative sources to assist with collection development.
- Know the principles and basic practices regarding the preservation of library resources.
- Apply appropriate methods and techniques for accurate preparation of library resources
- Explain and apply policies regarding library collections.
Number of Pages: 175
Genre: Language + Art + Disciplines
Series Title: Library Support Staff Handbooks
Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Pub Inc
Author: Hali R. Keeler
Street Date: January 5, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-33-1125