About this item
This two-volume set brings to life the daily thoughts and routines of men and women—rich and poor, of various cultures, religions, races, and beliefs—during a time of great political, social, economic, and legal turmoil.
• Provides summaries of what people ate, wore, and read and also includes topics such as apprenticeships, camp life and military training
• Covers ordinary routines of daily life, such as cleanliness, use of privies, and menstruation
• Starts each thematic section with a brief introduction
• Includes primary documents that bring the past to life and are an important resource for students
• Offers further reading suggestions after each entry as well as a bibliography of print books, online sources, and relevant films