Your Happiness Toolkit - by Carrie M Wrigley (Paperback)
About this item
Looking for powerful, practical strategies to help yourself or someone else struggling with depression? This comprehensive guidebook provides a rich supply of resources, insights, and techniques you can use - starting today - to help yourself, or someone you care about.
This is not just another book about depression. This is a book about HEALING from depression - and it is a guidebook for PREVENTING depression in the first place. Brimming with time-tested, highly-customizable techniques, this book will help you build your own individualized toolbox of drug-free strategies to promote healing, resilience, and emotional wellness - from the inside out.
Here in this well-stocked strategy manual, you will find:
- 16 powerful self-help tools to overcome depression and other emotional challenges - even if you think you've "already tried everything."
- 5 quick-start Transformational Tools you can use right away to bring relief, rebuild hope, and move in a positive direction.
- A 4-point individualized assessment model, to help identify the specific causes of THIS particular depression - and then identify specific healing solutions to address these issues.
- Clear understanding about what FEEDS depression, what FIGHTS it, and how you can build and maintain a positive, depression-resistant lifestyle over time.
- Valuable insight about why depression has become so common in recent years - and what you and your loved ones can do to live happily in an ever-more challenging world.
Compiled and developed over thirty-plus years by counselor and public health educator Carrie M. Wrigley, LCSW, the healing strategies provided in this book can also help:
- relieve anxiety
- promote addiction recovery
- facilitate healing from abuse, trauma, or grief
- resolve conflicts in relationships and families
- improve self-confidence and self-esteem
- enhance emotional and physical wellness
This book also serves as a valuable resource manual for counselors, educators, healing professionals, chaplains, ministers, parents, caregivers, and others seeking to provide relief and positive guidance to those within their care. it gathers and integrates the best resources from a vast wellspring of well-researched programs such as:
- CBT (Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy)
- Positive Psychology
- IPT (Interpersonal Therapy)
- MBTI (Meyers-Briggs) personality assessment
- Behavior Modification
- Nutrition, exercise, and activity
- Communication and relationship skills training
A Quick-Access Guide and user-friendly navigation are provided, making it easy for readers (including professional helpers) to find just the resource needed to meet the need at hand. A thorough Bibliography (organized by topic and tools) is also included, making it easy to find additional information regarding strategies you find most useful.
Whether you face your own emotional challenges, seek to extend emotional relief to others, or are simply determined to stay happy and well-balanced in an ever-more challenging world, this well-stocked strategy manual is for YOU -- teaching you, one step at a time, how to build and maintain enduring happiness, vibrant productivity, and rich fulfillment in life.