The Target Mastercard 1% and 2% reward program is offered by Target Corporation. In these program rules, the following words are defined:
Earning 1% and 2% rewards toward a Target GiftCard
- “program” means the Target Mastercard 1% and 2% reward program
- “eligible purchase” is defined in the “Earning 1% and 2% rewards toward a Target GiftCard” section below
- “reward” means the reward(s) you earn under the program by making eligible purchases
- “RedCard” means your Target Mastercard credit card
- “Target GiftCard” means the gift card issued when you redeem rewards. “Target GiftCard” includes both physical Target GiftCards and Target eGiftCards.
- “we”, “us” and “our” mean Target Corporation
- “you” and “your” mean the person or people responsible for the RedCard
When you use your RedCard™ to make an eligible purchase, you earn rewards toward a Target GiftCard as follows:
2% rewards toward a Target GiftCard. For each eligible purchase you make in gas or dining merchant categories, you earn rewards at a rate of 2% of the eligible purchase amount.
Gas and dining merchant categories: Each merchant is assigned a merchant category code (MCC) which is determined based on the type of products or services the merchant primarily offers. Gas merchants are assigned an MCC of 5541 or 5542, which are merchants that primarily sell automotive gasoline. Merchants that do not specialize in selling automotive gasoline, such as truck stops and boat marinas, are not eligible gas merchants.
Dining merchants are assigned an MCC of 5812, 5813 or 5814 which are eat-in restaurants, including fast food establishments. Merchants selling food and beverages within larger establishments such as theme parks, casinos and stadiums are not eligible dining merchants.
Individual merchants and their credit card processors are responsible for designating MCCs based on the products and services sold by the merchant, and we do not have control over which MCC is assigned to a merchant. Purchases made at merchants that do not process transactions using one of these MCCs will only qualify for 1% rewards. We are not responsible if you believe a purchase should be categorized as a gas or dining purchase and it is not.
1% rewards toward a Target GiftCard. For each eligible purchase you make at a merchant that is not in a gas or dining category, you earn rewards at a rate of 1% of the eligible purchase amount. You also will not earn 1% rewards when you shop at Target or Target.com, but the 5% RedCard Discount program applies to those purchases. The details of the RedCard 5% Discount program can be found at www.target.com/RedCard.
An eligible purchase is a purchase made with your RedCard at merchants other than Target and Target.com, minus credits, returns and adjustments. An eligible purchase also includes certain purchases at Target store locations for which you do not receive the RedCard 5% discount. These eligible purchases at Target store locations include: eye exams, clinic services, wireless protection program purchases and deposits required by mobile carriers and purchases at certain restaurants in Target stores.
The following types of transactions are not considered eligible purchases:
- Cash advances, ATM withdrawals, money orders and other cash or cash-like transactions
- RedCard account fees and interest charges
- Unauthorized or fraudulent charges
- Transactions not allowed by your Target Mastercard Agreement
- Purchases or reloads of gift cards or prepaid cards
There is no limit on the amount of rewards you can earn. A reward amount is calculated for each transaction. If the reward calculation results in a fraction of a cent, the reward amount will be rounded to the nearest whole cent. If you make an eligible purchase in a foreign currency, the reward amount will be calculated after the transaction is converted into U.S. dollars.
If an item is returned or if credits or adjustments are made to your RedCard purchase balance, your reward amount will be adjusted accordingly. This may cause your reward amount to be eliminated or may create a negative reward amount. If you have a negative reward amount, any new reward amounts will be applied to the negative reward amount until it reaches zero.
If there are authorized users or a joint accountholder on your RedCard account, please note that rewards accumulate on the RedCard account and not on the individual cards.
We may offer special promotions for earning rewards. The terms and conditions of any such promotion will be provided at the time of the promotion.Receiving your reward as a Target GiftCard
You can redeem rewards if you have earned at least $10 in rewards and otherwise qualify for rewards redemption. To redeem rewards, visit the Manage my RedCard webpage at www.Target.com/myRedCard or call the telephone number on the back of your card.
When you redeem your rewards, you will choose the amount of rewards you want to redeem ($10 minimum) and whether to receive a physical Target GiftCard or a Target eGiftCard. To redeem rewards for a physical Target GiftCard, you need a valid mailing address on file for your RedCard. To redeem rewards for a Target eGiftCard you need a Manage my RedCard account and a valid mailing address and email address on file for your RedCard. Rewards do not expire, however, you may lose them as described below.
The Target GiftCard is redeemable for merchandise or services at Target stores or Target.com. Terms and conditions apply to the Target GiftCard, which can be found on the Target GiftCard. The Target GiftCard does not expire. We are not responsible for lost or stolen Target GiftCards. We are not responsible if a Target GiftCard is not delivered to you. If your Target GiftCard is lost, stolen or undelivered, call the number on the back of your RedCard.
Losing rewards; restrictions on receiving rewards If we determine there is fraud, misuse or abuse of the program, we may take away rewards; prevent you from redeeming rewards or earning additional rewards; deactivate any Target GiftCard reward; and/or suspend or close your RedCard.
If your RedCard account is closed for any reason (by you, by us, or by the issuer of your RedCard), you will forfeit all accumulated, unredeemed rewards and you cannot redeem forfeited rewards. If, at the time you redeem rewards, our records indicate that mail is undeliverable to the mailing address we have on file for your RedCard, you will need to update your mailing address before you can redeem rewards. You will not be able to redeem rewards if 1) your RedCard account is more than one month past due, or 2) your account is restricted or suspended, for example if your card is lost or we’re investigating fraud on your account.Other important information
- Rewards are not your property and you have no property rights or other legal interest in the Rewards.
- Rewards cannot be transferred, assigned, or pledged.
- Rewards have no cash value.
- We are not responsible for disputes about this program or about the redemption of a Target GiftCard that you may have with a joint accountholder or an authorized user of your RedCard account.
- We or our agents may call or text you regarding the program. You agree that we may place such calls or texts using an automatic dialing/ announcing device. You agree that we may make such calls or texts to a mobile telephone or other similar device. You agree that we may, for training purposes or to evaluate the quality of our service, listen to and record phone conversations you have with us.
- We may assign our rights and obligations under these program rules to a third party who will take our place in these program rules.
If any part of the reward program rules is found to be void or unenforceable under applicable law, all other parts of these reward program rules will still apply. We may delay or waive enforcing any of our rights or remedies without losing them. This program is offered by Target Corporation, and we can discontinue or alter the terms of the program at any time.