all that almond mocha cake
what you need
- Baking spray
- All-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups (1/2 15 ounce box or 7.5 ounce) Betty Crocker Hershey’s Chocolate Cupcake Mix
- 1/3 cup room temperature Starbucks House Blend coffee
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1/2 15 ounce Betty Crocker Yellow cake mix (1 2/3 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, finely ground
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lightly toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously spray a 10-inch bundt pan with baking spray.
- In large bowl, combine chocolate cupcake mix with the coffee, 3 tablespoons of oil and 1 egg until moistened, then mix for 2 minutes. Pour into the pan.
- Squeeze the chocolate filling packet from the box into a circle in the middle of the cake, avoiding the sides. Set aside.
- Combine the yellow cake mix with the water, 2 eggs, 3 tablespoons of the oil, ground almonds and almond extract until moistened, then mix for 2 minutes. Pour over the chocolate mixture.
- Bake 38 to 43 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on a rack. Carefully remove the sides, bottom and let cool completely. Dust with confectioners and top with almonds. Serve with Reddi-wip.